Agricultural Development Association
The main mission of the Association is to support the development process of the agricultural sector in Georgia. Accordingly, the Agricultural Development Association (ADA) actively cooperates with international donor organizations, as well as with the public, private and educational sectors in Georgia.
In close cooperation with partner donor organizations, the Association mainly implements projects focused on the development of public agro-consultancy services and the development of higher and vocational agricultural education sector.
In addition, one of the main working directions of the association is to distribute the modern knowledge and information among the farmers and specialists of the agricultural fields by organizing the trainings, demonstration plots and creating the innovative platforms.
Particularly important projects implemented by the Association are: Agropedia, National Agrarian Olympiad,
Our main services
Based on close cooperation with donor organizations, the Association implements the projects focused on capacity building, knowledge distribution and evaluation of the farmer communities, students of the higher and vocational institutions and specialists of various agricultural fields.
In addition, the organization provides the following services directly for the private sector representatives-companies and farmers:
- Implementation of the practical and theoretical training series for the specialists of the agricultural fields and farmers;
- Elaboration of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies for the agricultural plants and delivering the needed production to consumers;
- Creation of the detailed production guidelines and agro-calendars of new promising agricultural plant varieties for Georgia;
- Preparation of soil fertilization and the nutrition schemes according to the varieties of the agricultural plants;
- Implementation of the practical and theoretical training series for the specialists and farmers about the modern rules of the agricultural plants production;
- Organization of the demonstration plots and implementation of the practical trials in order to test the effectiveness of pesticides, fertilizers and seeds of the various hybrids and breeds of the agricultural plants.
Goals: supporting the capacity development process of the public agro-extension services and agricultural vocational education sector in Georgia
National Agricultural Olympiad (NAO), short-term training program establishment, “Agropedia” project, establishment and maintenance of the demonstration plots
Modern agricultural literature books and guidelines for the specialists and farmers
Market potential and feasibility study for organic agriculture, training needs assessment of the agro-extension service providers, market analyses, pesticide consumption in Georgia, etc..